About Extol SCITT
Do you have what it takes to be a role model to thousands of young people?
As a teacher you have the opportunity to change a child’s life forever. Training with Extol SCITT will equip you with the necessary skillset to become an outstanding practitioner.
Our SCITT programme, in partnership with Teach First, allows trainee teachers to learn on the job. Across our Trust we have schools in Sunderland, Hartlepool and Middlesbrough. Each of our schools serve vibrant communities – it is a real joy to be able to work with our children and families.
Trainees will be based in one school, the ‘home school’, and build relationships with children, staff and the larger SCITT team.
In the context of Early Years & Key Stage 1 (ages 3 to 7) and Primary (ages 3 to 11) teacher training, the SCITT program includes a combination of classroom-based learning, mentorship, and theoretical study. Key features of our SCITT programme include:
- On-the-Job Training: Trainee teachers actively participate in teaching from the beginning, gaining hands-on experience in real classroom settings.
- Mentorship: Trainees are assigned a mentor, an experienced teacher, who provides guidance, support, and feedback throughout the training process.
- Academic Study: Trainees engage in theoretical and pedagogical studies, usually delivered through seminars, workshops, and assignments, often in collaboration with a university partner.
- Assessment: Assessment methods include observations of teaching, reflective journals, written assignments, and examinations.
- Professional Development: The program develops the skills and knowledge required to meet the standards for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).